Monday, August 28, 2006

Where's faith?

When you believe in a higher spiritual being, you tend to have more patience than the next person, you sometimes can deal with loses or extreme situations with relative ease better than others, and heck...you sometimes don't even mind eating left over's all of a sudden. But in our minds which is controlled by "time" which is man-made...you begin to wonder...when will faith intervene? Everything that goes around, comes around...am I coming or going?

I came to New York before my 5th birthday, and to the best of my knowledge, I was a happy kid. SO happy in fact, that I grew up thinking I had it all...until I hit 12..and all of a sudden that new video game was not a priority. At this point in life, most look at not being able to buy something as a sign of parents not understanding...but to me it was a rude awakening; I was poor. It was not a coincidence that my neighborhood was ravaged, poor and crime riddled, this i would learn later, was the center of the biggest man-made disaster in the history of America...the hood.

Trying to make the best out of bad situations seems like the plot of my life. At 22, with hopes of graduating college, Im a role model in my community and with my family. Smile for a picture here...tell a little classroom story there...a future prospect. Inside that shield, lies an empty soul, that passes the days by letting the days pass. Food is at the top of the pyramid, followed by clothes...anything after that is..a blessing? With out any intervention from someone on this Earth, my life could very well change dramatically within minutes...my mind is strong...but the millions these marketing corporations spend to target little ol me, with their blinged-out phones, air-bubbled sneakers and spinning-wheeled cars...I NEED FEMA!

Sounds like a walk in the park, cause at the end of the movie the good-guys prevail..this ain't a movie. Day-to-Day, is a struggle...and week-to-week is a mission...help this good-guy win :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

Official PayPal Seal

<< Home