Friday, September 08, 2006

Wake me up when September ends...

The 9th month of the year..end of the summer and beginning of fall...back to school, September signals a change in everything...heck, even fashion. But in my case, September brings with it my birth date. Most people live to celebrate their birthdays, me on the other hand wish I could skip through it. Whats there to celebrate? well...being born I guess is a reason to celebrate, but what am I going to celebrate with?

I turn 22 this month, hardly the monument but Im glad to see this age. Its just so different when your in school, and they make it seem that once you get out of High School your life will change for the better. I walk by the same people in my neighborhood everyday, and Im not ashamed (well i have no choice) to say that I reside next to druggies and hustlers. But in my pursuit for liberty and happiness, I see myself neck and neck with these same people. Yes, im getting an education, but whats to seperate me from them? We live in the same neighborhood, and in my case the same building, we look the same, and occasionally dress the same. We even get randomly searched by Police the same for crying out loud.

Alot of people ask what I've got lined up for my birthday, and I randomly throw out suggestions, as if my options were so broad, but the truth is I don't :(

Im in no position to get the 'wants' in life, Im used to just settling for the 'needs', but what happens when the wants become the needs? I used to want a laptop...now I need one. I used to want a cellphone, now I need one. I used to want to celebrate my birthday, as if I was getting my own special on MTV...now I need to. Being humble is something I take pride in, but I am a grown man now, I would love to see what's out there for me...Hopefully these sorrows becoming either entertaining or sadening enough for someone to intervene. If I had the choice, I would help out a student in need as opposed to a pan handler ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

Official PayPal Seal

<< Home